Thursday, May 3, 2012

DIYNDEX.

Today Haddie decided she wasn't going to take a nap. Which means the rest of the day is going to be challenging. So I might as well make the best of it and do a little cleaning during house quite time. I think I'll do the windows! Aw man, out of Windex. Running to the store with three littles is anything but quick and has to be worth my while. Clean windows are not high on the priority list.

Then I remembered my friend once told me a recipe for home made window cleaner. As much as I love the scent of Windex, I decided to give it a try. I am very much smitten with it and am therefore sharing it with all of you. I'm sure there are others out there, and I honestly haven't looked. So if you know of a good one you're welcome to share in the comments below.


2 Tbsp dish soap*
1 Tbsp rubbing alcohol**
Water
2 drops food coloring of your choice (optional)

*My friend insisted Joy was the only one to use, but I used Meyers Basil because that's what I had. It worked fine and I LOVE the smell!
**I added this on my own after trying out the recipe with Meyers to see if it would be quicker to dry and thus less streak producing. Twas.



Not the best picture. It was hard to capture the sapphire color of my new cleaning product. 
As you can see I decided to change the name since I changed the contents. 
It seemed fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment